Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Joys of Being Lazy

So this weekend I got to go back to being genrally useless and that's been wonderful. I got a bunch of editing done on my novel, and I'm really happy with where it's going. I got to play one of my favorite video games, Team Fortress 2, a lot. There's something deeply satisfying to an all-out brawl with other people from across the world. (Team Fortress 2, for those who don't know, is a first person shooter multiplayer comedy war game. Yeah, you read that right. Probably going to write a post later on why a raging feminist such as myself loves a game where the entire cast of playable characters (with the possible exception of the Pyro) is male.) Exciting things are due to happen in that fandom, including the release of a video concerning the aforementioned mysterious Pyro, so there was that as well.

And then I went after the parsnips and apricots and am gearing up to make an apricot sorbet tomorrow, and had a lot of long walks and started rereading one of my favorite books, Small Gods by Terry Pratchett, which is pretty much a satire of religion and involves god being turned into a tortoise and learning to be a better god.

So yes. A gloriously lazy weekend. Tomorrow I go in and transfer one load of urchins into the lab and check my cultures and perhaps start algal cultures for the young urchins, and then come home and make sorbet which I shall assuredly post about in more detail than you want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment