Thursday, January 24, 2013

Today was...fun

So, today was going well, up until about 10:45. Which was when I checked my email and found that my algae had arrived.

O_o

These cultures of algae were supposed to arrive next week, which was why I'd planned to go into lab tomorrow and autoclave culture media and culture flasks, so I could transfer the little critters into their new homes. But no, they arrive today and I get to go and fight with the autoclave between classes. It was exciting.

It was raining, actually, and I saw a lovely brown salamander on the way to lab. It was just hanging out on the sidewalk. Made the entire thing worth it.

(May I just add that wet hiking boots and linoleum do not mix well? It's something about hiking boots--they get really really slippery, and before you know it you're flat on your ass... Never mind.)

So it is time to go back to the urchins! It'll be fun juggling this project and the tadpole project and then also doing class and office hours (One of my professors has an adorable French Bulldog, which is an excellent motivating factor to go to office hours) and remembering to sleep! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment